Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Driving to Wheaton

Erin again. I know I said my previous post would be the last, but I figured I should let y'all know that I've arrived safe and sound at Wheaton.

Set off around 9:30 in the morning, took the Beltway to I-95 and followed that all the way north to just beyond Providence. I hit Manhattan around 2:00. The traffic was actually very good; I went through Providence at the start of rush hour and there was a closed exit, but even that only caused a short backup.

Around 5:30 I got off of 95 onto the road that in theory leads straight to the college, and only then managed to get myself lost. Twice. Such is life.

But I arrived in good time, got my room keys and the sticker for my car without much fuss, and, with the help of a couple of hallmates, hauled all of my stuff up to my third-floor room. And, as you can see, I have my Internet hooked up, so I'm all set.

I was pretty anxious about making this trip before I set off -- it's the farthest I've ever driven, and on my own -- but there's something I had forgotten: I like driving. Eight hours on the highway with the music cranked up was fun.

And now I shall actually yield the blog to the Binkleys remaining in London. Cheers, all!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i like your interesting articles. how do u feel this?
Cheap Fitted Hats Free Shipping

Unknown said...

I don't know why you say that, but this's a good website, I bought some from here in the NFL star,they have good service attitude, the quality are ok, you know!
Wholesale Jerseys
Cheap NFL Jerseys